Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Screw the Eagles!

Yeah, standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona, what a crock of shit.

More like the black hole of hitch-hiking. Now I am no expert here, but I have hitched a variety of places, lonely roads in Alaska, scenic byways of California, and remote dirt roads in central Mexico to name a few, but never have I had so little luck getting a ride as in Winslow-Armpit-of-Arizona. Seriously, over three hours on a corner of a freeway turn-on and no one stopped. Lots of people waved (possibly the most per capita in my experiance) but none stopped. I was supposed to be visiting Mel-the-shorter in Sante Fe, but since by 6:30 pm I had made only 58 miles from my house in Flag, I descided to bag it, go home, and drive myself the next morning. And you can be damn sure if I meet any hitchhikers they will get a ride; it would seem I need to build up some more good karma before I head out again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared, I didn't suffer 24 hours of labor bringing you into the world for you to do a dumb shit thing like hitchhiking. If you have a death wish, come home and I will beat you with the pepper grinder. Love Mom

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that! At least someone else in on my side.
-Mel

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home