Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Monday, August 06, 2007

Out of the hills

Am out of the mountains, another successful NOLS course on the books. Lost one student to an unstable knee injury, the other eleven had great outcomes. We climbed and hiked and fished and hiked some more, summiting big mountains and catching big fish. A bear rampaged through our kitchen and I had to chase him away from our food bags. I caught a monster 16 inch brook trout on fly tackle. The kids had a 5 day, 4 night independant expedition.

And now I'm out of the field and home on the range. In Nebraska that is, back on the ranch for a week. Then I'll head to Bozeman for an international conference of diabetic mountaineers (betcha didn't even know we existed), and then I'll meet up with a certain lady friend and go wander around the Grand Teton for awhile and then head back to Flagstaff. And do my best to stay put for a little while.








2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized I should claify, I didn't make a flying tackle to catch the big fish, I used a fly rod and reel. In case you were maybe trying to envision me soaring through the air/water to snatch a fish bare-handed.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J RODULAR. I miss you. Lydia Connor and i were trying to find out what your blog link was...and Lydia said "just type 'Jared's Blog' into Google" jokingly. SO i DID and it came up. Except i added NOLS to it. it was AWESOME! so yeah, we're all looking at it now...and we miss it so much. I'm visiting Lydia sometime soon. Probably within the next 3 weeks. field hockey is almost over so that will free up my time. ANYWAY, hope things are going well.

-i may have slight feelings.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home