Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Friday, September 28, 2007

Suprise

There were plenty of things I noticed in the days leading up. Things that were odd, out of place, or didn't add up. But by themselves none was noteworthy enough to give a second thought. I'd like to say I knew it all along. Or that I saw it coming a mile away. Or even that the thought had stumbled across my mind at some point. But I can't. I was standing in the living room of my friend's house, with a cake, banners, and ballooons all within view asking what it was we were doing here when we were supposed to be going for a hike and a bike ride. But I think my density is forgivable; it was after all my first suprise birthday party.

So now older (26) and wiser (so that's were my missing ruhbarb went, it's in the cake!), I am coming better to terms with this stationary, not sedantary life. Work is good. Teaching a class that is going good. Dating a really cool gal, which is good too. And I'm solving the problem of sitting at a desk too much by training for a marathon and outfitting my bike with a rack, panniers, and a spiffy New Belgium Brewery bell that my gal gave me for my birthday. I'm still avoiding the travel literature section of my bookshelves, for fear of temptation, and last night I dreamed I was going back to Antarctica, but I'm also enjoying all that Flagstaff has to offer those who stay put.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guillermo said...

Happy Birfday, old friend.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home