Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Escape from LA







Well, I haven't actually escaped yet, but I did get out on furlough for a bit. I had hoped to put up a photo of a sweet slot canyon Risa and I ran in Zion National Park, but near the bottom of the canyon I rapelled into a pool of water that I am fairly certain has no bottom (at least I couldn't find it no matter how far down I sank...) and in the course of scrambling/swimming/cussing my way out of the water and up a slickrock ramp, the camera in my pocket was, shall we say damaged. None the less it was a sweet canyon and a gorgeous few days in Zion. Then it was back to LA and then up to Northern California for a week. Visiting friends, hot springs, and some scrambling in the Sierras, and now back in LA, until the end of the month.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guillermo said...

Hmm, I think you left out the part about catching the marmot that stole my food and making its head into a hat that I will wear forever to be a warning to all other marmots.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home