Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Friday, November 11, 2005

Warmth

Maybe a tad early to claim victory, but I claim at least a quailfied sucess.

The wood stove is installed and happily burning away its very first load of wood. And the smoke detector has only gone of three times so far!

It was touch and go yesterday, as we had a sky light for awhile as I fretted and cussed trying to arrange the chimmeny just so, all the while looking at the gray clouds hovering overhead and thinking of the weatherman prediction of snow today. But it all came together and none to soon; this morning I awoke to a dusting of snow on the porch and rain falling. So I hooked up the last few pieces, and began the trail run. I attribute the smoke to my own folly in getting the thing lit and up to temprature, causing smoke to roll out when I open the door to add fuel.

Speaking of sky lights, the power of the reciprocating saw has got me excited about all kinds of potential home improvment projects. I could put in sky lights, doors, windows,take out walls, cut the whole thing right in half if I wanted to! Dangerous fun to be had with these new tools, I can only hope that since it is the Black and Decker home owners model the motor will burn out before I can cause too much damage.

Oops, there goes the smoke detector again...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to GO !!! congratulations on the first (controlled) fire..! ya may want to hide the saw blades prior to just cutting the whole damn thing in half..... but, if you really get the urge........

kem

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home