Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

That old feeling

Almost a month and a half did I make it before I could no longer deny it. Today I logged on to the Lonely Planet website, yesterday I went to the used bookstore and picked up title on El Salvador, Hati, Nicaragua, Burma, and Cuba. So I am excited, dreaming big, lots of plans and options and no idea what order to go about it all. It doesn't look like I'll be headed for the ice this year, so that opens up other opportunities. I'll be in Flag until at least early November, as I am teaching another Wilderness First Responder class here in town that ends the 3rd of Nov. (Almost a full month longer than my self imposed goal of staying put 2 full months!) After that it is hard to say, but I am thinking about a shorter trip (less than a month) to central america, followed by a longer trip in the new year to somewhere farther afield. The latter is of course contingent upon having the funds, an issue I have not yet resolved. I am still avoiding the genre of travel lit, despite my foray into Bookman's, putting off the inevitable for awhile longer yet, while I finish up on this theoretical physics kick I've been on for a few weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guillermo said...

If no one has written a relationship advice column for quarks and neutrinos, you may want to consider it.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home