Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Countdown

14 days. Or is it 13? 15? I’m not really sure, since apparently I will lose a day somewhere over the southern pacific when we cross the international date line. But roughly two weeks is all that separates me from the southern hemisphere and then...Antarctica!

Yep, everything is in motion for me to deploy, first to Denver, then on to Christchurch, NZ via Los Angeles and Sydney. And after a few days in Oz, the big ice. It hasn’t quite registered fully that the day is upon me, like a little kid looking forward to Christmas for so long, when the day finally comes it is fails to fully register.

Sept. 22: BBQ and going away party
Sept. 25th: Fly to New Orleans and eat muffletta sandwich and beneits at the Café du Monde
Sept. 26th: In Phoenix, anybody around fancy a beer?
Sept. 27th: Fly to Denver for training
Sept. 29th: Fly to New Zealand for outfitting
October ?: Down to the ice
Feb/March?: Return from the ice.

Oh yeah, and the big question, the one that inspires slack jaws and guffaws in every new acquaintance: what am I doing there?

I’m a janitor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home