Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Begining

Tomorrow I start nursing school. Eleven months of intensity leading to a new career (arguably my first career) as a nurse of some kind or another. RN BSN. More letters to put behind my name, to go along with the others already there like EMT, WFR, BLS, and AWLS. They said during orientation that if you drop your pencil while taking notes in class, don’t stop to pick it up off the floor or you’ll be two weeks behind when you sit up again. So this should be interesting, being a student again.

I am moved into my new apartment, 2 bedrooms is more than I need by myself, but they didn’t have any vacancy in 1 bedrooms when I called. Being finally situalted, it is an interesting scene. On one hand, the layout and décor is more mature and less cluttered than ever before. On the other hand, my frugality and lack of income here means I have aquired my grandparents couch and recliner, and my book case is two boards and five milk crates. Still, the place is starting to feel homey.

Now, time for goals (not resolutions) for this year. Actually the time for this was 9 days ago, on January 2nd, but I didn’t have them worked out yet, though I did mark the day. I tried to look back at 2008, but couldn’t find any record of goals made last January. This is both odd and reassuring; odd that I didn’t set any, reassuring since I didn’t remember them anyway. As for 2009, the following:
- Do 100 pushups every day
- Complete a crossword puzzle (lifetime goal is the New York Times Sunday edition, but we’ll work up to that one.
- Be able to play one song on the guitar well enough that it is recognizable as music
- Solve the rubix cube from memory alone (best time of 3 minutes 11 seconds still requires the use of notes for one step)
- Learn to tie a tie
- Learn to make gravy
Too ambitious? I hope not. I’ve been successful at the pushups since mid-October. Started fooling with the guitar back around the same time, and am nearly there on the rubix cube. So not as ambitious as it looks. Once I get started setting goals though, it is hard to stop. So maybe one more: become a licensed nurse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guillermo said...

Excellent goals, my friend. I promise you, one day when someone is trapped under a giant Rubik's Cube and no other RN is able to help them, it will be all worth it.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home