Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

T minus 36 hours and counting

This is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. Leaving I mean. Not that I haven't left before; sometimes it seems I do more leaving than staying. But this time there is something differant. I don't know when I'll be back. That I will be back is a sure thing, I still own a house here, but whether it will be anytime soon, no one knows, and despite my optomistic front when I explain myself to friends here, it may be a very long time.

It is the more difficult because more so than at any other time in my life, I have (or had) something of a structure, support network, friends, plans, work, and history in one place. Not that I regret my decision to go at all, I would leave this instant were it up to me and I am excited for what the future holds. But these last days have seemed the more precious, and wonderful, as though things were coming together like at no other time prior. I am sure alot of this feeling is more my perception framed by the fact that I am savoring these remaining hours. Is this week really that much differant than two weeks ago? Not likley. But I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home