Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Reflections and resolutions

Four years ago today I woke up in a hospital bed in central Mexico, not entirely sure how I got there. A few days ago I met the bride-to-be of the man responsible for getting me to that hospital and greeted his family, who helped me break out of the same. So for reasons that have nothing to do with the New Year, it is a reason of reflection for me.

As for the resolutions, here goes:
1: Talk to more strangers. This applies both at home and abroad. To be more approachable and to be willing to approach others.

2: Visit at least 2 new countries. Should be no problem, I have a plane ticket for Guatemela booked to leave in 2 weeks, and close to it are of course Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, and more.

3: Write more. On my most recent trip, I managed to write almost every day. But in the new year, I resolve to write and submit at least 3 articles to various publications.

So, there it is. May be more to follow, after all self improvment is a sort of all the time thing. But by telling others it helps to keep one honest.

3 Comments:

Blogger Guillermo said...

Oh yes, we will be watching.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to, "Gee Mel, I'm not sure if I can visit you in Santa Fe. I am pretty low on funds after the last trip." Now Guatemala!! I see how I rate. Humph.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

Taking a page from ol' uncle sam: deficit spending.

Besides, I visited you and Sante Fe in November, I visited Guatemela in....never!

;)

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home