Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Monday, January 17, 2005

The waiting game

I am ready to go. Not logistically, but mentally I am ready to go. This waiting around is killing me and we still have two more weeks before we leave. We aren't even concrete where we are going, and I want to be gone.

It is looking more like Sri Lanka than Thailand at the moment, possibly in a field clinic or refugee camp as an EMT. Mattie has some medical training too, so perhaps we will take that tack. Or in Phuket studying for a certificate in teaching english as a second languge while rebuilding a fishing village.

Part of what is driving me nuts waiting is the uncertainty, what we will do, see, find, and how it may change us. I guess why I am nervous has to do with the fact that prior to desciding to go, I actually had more of a plan for my future than ever before, admitedly not more than a few months or a year, but something. These trips, both to Cuba and now to SE Asia have rocked my universe to some degree and while it has been in a posative way, it is disconcerting to not have some clue what the future holds. But at the same time it is exhilerating in a way I am not accustomed to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Guillermo said...

Uncertainty? Exhileration? Logistically unprepared? Sounds like an adventure to me.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Uncertainty"........... It's what Life is about.... relish it.
"Change" is what it's all about.....
It's great to have one's universe "Rocked" once in awhile.... helps keep one's perspective.
"Exhileration" keeps us looking...........

"Want ta be the last man standing..... bring on a little bit more........... bring on the hot sauce, bring on the beer........ where do you go from here.... bring on the fun tickets......... taking off before he lands.........."

God Speed, and bring back some great memories and tales.............

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home