Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"Woo hoo, we have a sub today"

Sunday was my last day at the bar. Tuesday I started substitute teaching again, begining by showing a high school english class the movie Shrek. What crap is this?

I left the bar scene to do something slightly more meaningful and gain some classroom time. But showing movies? No, not again, I do not think I shall. I am setting about to create a few lesson plans of my own, maybe 4 or 5 that I have always at the ready, so the next time a teacher leaves me with crap for busy work, I can actually teach something and the students may actually learn something instead of watching more tv. Arrrg.

So I have a few ideas for lessons, one on social programs in Cuba, one slideshow about Sri Lanka, one on the history of theoretical physics for the math and science classes, and maybe latin dance class, just to keep it interesting. Any other suggestions for what to teach our impressionable youth when their regular teachers flail?

1 Comments:

Blogger Guillermo said...

Children love abnormal psychology.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home