Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Operation Deep Freeze 2006-2007

Well, I made it. First try on the first flight of the main body season. Here are a few pictures I've taken so far. More, ever so much more to come.






Extreme Cold Weather clothing issue in Christchurch



Pre-flight briefing



On board the cargo plane down to the ice, a C-17 flown by the Air National Guard



My first view of the continent from the air, HOLY SHIT!!!



Unloading from the C-17 on the sea ice runway. A balmy 1 degree above zero.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alllll rightttttttt.... way cool....

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you Jared, but YOU ARE WEIRD!!!!!!!!!! BRRRRRR!!!!! Geo & Andy :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Guillermo said...

I heard the church is also known as "Holy-Jesus-It's-Cold Christ Church."

6:20 PM  
Blogger Tred said...

Sibbie! Glad you made it safe! I'll be checking your blog!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Tred said...

By the way, you should write a book. You're a good writer.

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll forward this info to Jack, he'll get ice sick. :) BTW Jack and Jill moved to Phoenix. Well, I'm excited for you, remembering all of Jack's stories. He proposed to Jill down there, I think it was called Castle Rock. Have fun and remember, DON'T TOUCH THE PENGUINS!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home