Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sunday Funday

Yea, the weekend is here. All one day of it. But no matter, last night was an indie rock dance party at the bar and this morning was brunch, with corn beef hash on one side, salmon sashimi with lox ands capers on another, and between them, chicken catcitori and biscuits with sausage gravy. Even more exciting than all that however was the flight that came in yesterday: they brought freshies! The first fresh oranges, apples, bannanas, and produce that the winter fly-ins have had in almost 6 weeks.

So, since today is my day off I had planned to go for a hike off the base. Unfortunatly, while yesterday was sunny and calm, a down right balmy 7 degrees above, today was a bit cooler, about 31 degrees below zero and windy. So I didn't make it more than about a mile or so down the trail before concern about the fate of my nose made me turn around and head back. That's ok, though, some friends and I are planning a climb of Castle Rock for next week, about a 6 mile hike and then this thursday is American Night at the New Zealand base a few miles away, so I may ski over there and have a few pints with the Kiwis.

This afternoon there are swing dance lessons at the bar and a science lecture in the Galley tonight. Never a dull moment.



See, it was nice yesterday, all sunny and warm...



But today, a tad chilly. This was right before my camera froze. Wishing to avoid its' fate, I turned around and headed back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home