Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Thank You Douglas County Public Library!

Thank goodness for public librarys. Like a climate controled oasis for the traveler offering internet access and copy machines, a place to kill time between the setting of the sun and coyote camping in the back of a truck in the parking lot of some big hotel. Or maybe a forest or park somewhere, if they have such things this far east of the front range.

Been working my way north from Flag, visited Melissa the Taller at Mesa Verde where she showed me her park and I got to follow her around for a morning watching her do what park rangers do: answer stupid questions.

Then it was off to Alamosa and a desolate patch of juniper weeds with no water rights that I foolishly purchased some years back. This I discovered on visting the property and then the county offices to secure my rights after some bozo quit paying on the contract for deed we had. I can only assume he went and visited it for himself as well and descided to cut his loses. No matter, I am about even on the deal and own several acres of aformentioned juniper weed free and clear.

Then north to Leadville in pursuit of a state highpoint and more Jimmy Buffett lyrics. ("...tell me where do I go from here, think I'll ride into Leadville and have a few beers...") Nabbed Mt. Elbert, at 14,4?? the highest point in Colorado and the entire Rocky Mountains.

Now I'm in Castle Rock, I belive it is, waiting until the job fair with Raytheon tomorrow. Solved the problem of resume copies (thanks again to public library computer facilities), and sleeping arrangments should be little problem, the only thing left of concern is how to bathe before the big show at 11am. At this point I smell a bit like a billy goat that hasn't been rained on in some time, which I think could hurt my chances of landing the job, however I haven't yet had a look at the bathroom of this fine library yet...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

some "fools" have made lots of $ by selling the same: land,.. ranch,... house,.. car,.. etc.. every few years... every time someone defaults on their purchace... so, just how was the bathroom of that fine libray?

7:06 AM  
Blogger Guillermo said...

"Coyote Camping?" I should have known there was a name for it.

Although, last time I tried it I was nearly cocooned by a million and a half spiders.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home