Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Search and Rescue Tryouts

I was selected to try out for the Search and Rescue team down here, so on thursday go to go out and play in the snow.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK... by the looks of the second photo, you are all preparing to summit Mt. Erebus that's in the background...

6:03 AM  
Blogger Tred said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Tred said...

By the way, Medic School starts in four days. It's going to be super busy for the next nine months. I definitely won't have a social life, not that I have much of it now.

SAR's been sort of slow, and I could only imagine it'll get slower as winter approaches. I hope that I'll have some spare time from the medic school for SAR meetings and trainings.

Election is next thursday, but I won't be there because I have a 24 hour shift that day. I was asked by a few people if I was going to go for Sergeant, but told them that I won't have much time this next year. Not the thing they'd want to hear, I'm sure, but it's the truth.

Hey, anyways, I'm going to steal your email, and some photos from your blog and put it on mine. :D

Take care man.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are welcome to take all you want.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Guillermo said...

Happy One-Month Anniversary of your Antarctic adventure.

How does one practice search-and-rescue? I'd imagine you could slap a beanie and some mittens on a seal, hide it somewhere, and then go out and find it.

Trust me, the seals will love it.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Practise skills like tracking, land nav, glacier travel and crevasse rescue, rope team trael, litter (stretcher) lowering and raising, and lots more stuff like that. Hopefully I'll find out if I made the cut in a day or two.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home