Nuggets In The Scree

The story of Jared's trip to Haiti and the human rights work there can be found at www.behindthemountain.blogspot.com . The tale of Jared and Mattie in Sri Lanka working in tsunami relief is at www.makingadifferance.blogspot.com . Wildmeridian will continue to feature the same mix of rambling, musing, and muttering it always has.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missoula, Montana, United States

Sunday, November 28, 2004

The cure for the common cold

Tonight's low temprature in Flagstaff: 3 degrees F. Tonight's low temprature in Fairbanks Alaska: 10 degrees F. It is chilly to say the least. But if all I said was the least, well that wouldn't make for a very entertaining blog, now would it.

It is so cold, I can see my breath. Indoors. Outdoors it is snowing and about 12 degrees. I don't think it got abouve freezing all day to be honest. No shit, it is a bit frosty. Actually, if it starts to frost on the inside of the windows I may turn on the heater. Mostly because I am running out of blankets and sweaters. And it is hard to type with gloves on. Natural gas is expensive, and this house was constructed precisley to gain zero advantage from the suns rays, with windows arrayed so as to admit no supperflous warmth. It promises to be a long winter.

But wait, what of this cure I promised? On wendsday, the perscription calls for me to leave town, en route to Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach, Nassau, Havana, and assorted other ports of call in the islands as I go to spend 18 days carousing about the Carribean. I promise, I'll bring you back something cool. So while today I was skiing in single digit tempratures (icecicles hanging from your beard are cool, right?), in 72 hours I'll be beach side in the Bahamas drink in hand. Not a bad perscription eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home